And, just to satisfy the government, I'm not getting anything for doing this. It just sounds like a really nice move by Jim Bean.
Today [Feb. 4] Jim Beam® Bourbon, the world's No. 1-selling Bourbon, kicks off "Salute Soldiers with the Spirit of America," a program designed to welcome home the troops returning from tours of duty, support those still on duty overseas, and give service members and their friends memorable experiences throughout the year.OK, you got that? The prizes include tickets to the last two days of the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. That's why they sent me the info, but all the prizes sound pretty good. Dan told me the U.S. Open includes 2 tickets and, in his words, "The winners will be flying round trip to Pebble Beach and experience the tournament like the pros." Not too shabby, huh?
As part of the program, Jim Beam® Bourbon has launched a contest in which those of legal drinking age may nominate service members who are 21 years of age or older for a chance to win VIP, legendary experiences at a high-profile sporting or music event. To help announce the contest, Jim Beam® Bourbon and military charity Operation Homefront® have teamed up and invited select soldiers and their buddies to experience the biggest football game of the year in person, and to provide an example of the types of VIP packages contest entrants will have the opportunity to win.
Through June 21, friends and families of the troops can submit nominations of up to 250 words, in English, at www.jimbeam.com or the Jim Beam Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/jimbeam) describing why their friend or family member in the military deserves to be honored by Jim Beam(1).
The Grand Prize winners and their nominees will receive special treatment and exclusive access to one of the following events:
Additionally, Americans can show their support by simply texting the word SALUTE to 90999 to add $5 to their phone bills as a donation to Operation Homefront(2), a nonprofit organization providing emergency and morale assistance to troops, to the families they leave behind while they serve, and to wounded warriors when they return home. They can also share their own virtual toasts (or personal messages) on the Jim Beam Facebook fan page.
- The famous thoroughbred stakes race at Churchill Downs on May 1, 2010 as well as a visit to the Jim Beam distillery and a VIP bourbon tasting and meal with Fred Noe, seventh-generation Jim Beam distiller and great-grandson of Jim Beam.
- The final two days of a major golf championship at Pebble Beach on June 19 and 20, 2010.
- A home game for a professional baseball team on Chicago's South Side on July 10, 2010.
- A Kid Rock concert and the opportunity to meet Kid Rock in 2010.
(1) No purchase necessary. Must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C. (except CA) and 21 years of age or older to participate. Void where prohibited. Subject to complete official rules, available at www.JimBeam.com or www.Facebook.com/JimBeam. Contest started February 2, 2010 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"). On-line entries must be transmitted and received by June 21, 2010 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Enter online at www.JimBeam.com or www.Facebook.com/JimBeam.
(2) A one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. You will also receive up to 1 message per day from Operation Homefront Alerts. Msg&Data Rates May Apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Service is available on most carriers. Donations are collected for the benefit of Operation Homefront by the mGive Foundation and subject to the terms found at www.mGive.com/A. To unsubscribe text STOP to 90999, for help text HELP to 90999.
One other link you might want is for Operation Homefront itself. You can check out their site by clicking here.